- Left over binding – minimum size 8 1/2″. Binding is a strip of fabric pressed in half lengthwise. As prepared for double fold binding.
- 8 1/2″ square of fabric for foundation
- Cut the binding into 8 1/2″ pieces. I used 9 pieces in total. This may alter if binding width is smaller or larger.
- Draw straight lines at even intervals as guidelines for keeping binding strips straight.
- Place the first piece of binding with the fold at the bottom of the foundation square. Sew to foundation.
- Keep adding binding strips overlapping them by 1/4″ to hide the previous stitch line.
- Be careful when quilting the block. Make sure none of the binding strips get caught and flip back.
|Finished 8″ block|
I have placed the binding strips in horizontal rows but with this technique you can sew them at any angle on the foundation.