If you run out of room in your cupboards to store your pre-cuts then why not ‘Sling ’em’.
What you will need:
- 1 – 5 1/2″ x WOF strip of solid (remove selvages)
- 1 charm pack ( Featured is Coquette by Chez Moi for Moda )
- 1 length of twill approx. 50″ ( I used a Moda ribbon from a F8 bundle)
- Fold 5 1/2″ x WOF strip in half and sew 1/4′ seam around the folded piece. Leave a 4″ gap for turning.
- Trim corners and turn right way out.
- Press and close in gap by folding raw edge under 1/4″
- Topstitch 1/8″ all around edge
- Cut 1″ strips from the entire charm pack
- Start 1/4″ from short edge of foundation. Using a 1/4″ seam, sew each strip, exposing serrated edge.
- Overlap the next piece by 1/4″
- Continue until the foundation is covered ( I had to cut extra until I had enough pieces to cover my foundation)
- Sew the ribbon down the middle of the piece leaving even lengths of ribbon on each end for ties. I sewed a few stitches inside the edges of the ribbon all the way around.
|Fit 2 Jelly Rolls comfortably.|
After thoughts : If I were to remake I would –
1. Insert the 5″ cardboard packing from the charm pack into the foundation piece to act as a base.
2. Make a pieced sling using my favourite mini blocks.