Welcome to week 26 of the ‘The Desperate Housewife’s Quilt’. Todays block is about simple piecing and embroidery to create a sparkling block. Remember, this is not a quilt-a-long. Just follow the blog every week and pick and choose which blocks you would like to make. I will be injecting some uniqueness into traditional blocks, applique, three dimensional, crazy and thread-art blocks. If you make a block please post it on the Flickr group for everyone to enjoy. Also, I have this nifty button under each post that allows you to save the post as a PDF.
Every Christmas pulled out of the box, a tangled heap of bulbs and wires. Illuminating the houses in the street causing each neighbour to out do the other ……
- FQ of charcoal fabric for back ground.
- scraps of patterned fabric
- Perle Cotton
- Fusible web
- Download the foundations templates from here and here.
- Foundation piece the block
- Cut the circle template out (found on page 2 of the foundation templates)
- Trace onto fusible web and cut out leaving 1/8″ away from pencil line.
- Press onto back of fabric and cut out on pencil line.
- Peel backing off and press onto block. Machine appliqué.
- Using the Perle cotton and backstitch, embroider a string to link the lights.
*** Copyright 2011 Jane Davidson. Please remember that these blocks and any blocks designed by guest bloggers should not be used for commercial purposes ( sold as a pattern, published etc) without the written consent of the owner ***