@gogokim and @thesewingloft hosted the recent #missingmarket event. I was lucky to be part of the fun so I thought I would use the tag #foodandfabric and prepare 3 dishes that went well with Moda fabrics.
- Homemade baked beans (saute onion and garlic in olive oil, add finely cut up tomatoes, smoked paprika and organic cannelloni beans)
- Fresh scrabbles eggs
- Triple smoked Dorsagne ham
- Layered muesli cup (white chai seeds soaked in almond and coconut milk and set overnight, Vanilla Bean yoghurt, raspberries and blueberries and gluten free muesli)
- Korean vinegar and pineapple cordial
- Biscuits and Gravy by Basic Grey for Moda
- Parmesan cheese cases with mango salsa and baby spinach and feta dip.
- To make the parmesan cheese baskets I used grated extra sharp parmesan cheese and made a thin circle of cheese on lined baking trays. Place in a hot oven until you see the cheese melt (not burn). Take out and cool until firm. Place in a muffin tin to make the basket shape and set in fridge.
- Finely cut up red onion, mangom mint and small tomatoes. Mix together and place in cheese baskets.
- Use Black Swan Baby Spinach and Feta to complement the salsa or alternatively, mix plain yoghurt with corriander.
- 2001 Heritage Shiraz
- Dotty Grunge by Basic Grey for Moda
- Creamy Mushroom pasta (Saute garlic and onion in olive oil, add finely chopped garlic chives, crush one chicken stockcube, add perino tomatoes, salt and pepper, sliced mushrooms, extra sharp parmesan cheese and a large dash of cream. Simmer for 15 mins while your favourite pasta is cooking.)
- Fresh, homemade bread and olive oil
- Non Alcoholic Sangria with a slice of orange/lemon and lime
- Olive’s flower market by Lellaboutique for Moda