I used fabrics from the Fandango range by Kate Spain for MODA
- One Fandango charm pack from MODA by Kate Spain
- 1 1/2 yards turquoise print for borders and blocks
- 1/2 blue dot print for contrasting blocks
- 1 1/2 yards for backing – 54″ wide fabric
- 1/2 yard for binding and peeper border
- Wadding at least 4″ wider and longer than finished quilt top.
- Neutral thread for piecing
- 28mm rotary cutter
- 4″ drunkard path template set
- Curve Master foot, wooden roller, tweezers
|Handy tools to use with the Curve Master|
|Blocks should measure 4 1/2″ finished. I use a roller and dry iron to press the seam. Try not to distort the block.|
|Oops, three blocks are the wrong way. Can you see them?
My four year old was doing some designing while I was sewing.
|Press the adjoining block seams open and the rows to one side.|
Step 7 – Add the peeper border. Cut 4 x 1″ strips WOF. Press in half longways. Measure the quilt across and cut 2 peepers to that length. Sew them to the quilt and then measure again and attach the last 2 peeper borders.
|I used a longer stitch and sewed 1/8 inch from edge|
This is a handy presser foot to have in your sewing machine kit as it makes sewing curved pieces so simple. It will attach to almost any domestic machine with the special shank adapters that come packaged with the foot. I like the foot as it allows you to slip the tip of curved tweezers into the groove in the foot to allow you to grab the two fabric layers right to the last stitch.
For information about the Curve Master Presser Foot visit http://www.justcurves.biz/
Make sure you watch the instructional videos on Youtube and view the beautiful quilts on the website.