- 1 – 3 1/2″ x 15″ strip for the water.
- 1 – 3 1/2″ x 15″ strip for the stonework.
- 1 – 6 1/2″ x 15″ strip for the sky.
- Trace the opera house pieces on the dull side of fusible web. Appliqué Templates 1 and 2. (Do not scale or Fit to Page when printing).
- Cut out 1/8″ from pencil line.
- Fuse to back of selected fabric.
- Cut out on line.
- Arrange pieces using Diagram A as a guide. Peel off backing paper.
- When happy with placement, fuse to background.
- Using a matching thread and small stitch, sew 1/8″ inside edge of appliqué pieces.
- Draw a simple line drawing of the bridge behind the opera house applique using an erasable pen.
- Stitch over the lines using a light grey thread.
- Trim block to 12 1/2″ x 15″
08.09. Alyce – SewBlossomHeart from Japan with Tokyo http://www.blossomheartquilts.com/
15.09. Julianna – Sewing under Rainbow from Poland with Warsaw http://jednoiglec.blogspot.co.uk/
22.09. Sil – silort from Brazil with Brasilia http://www.flickr.com/people/silort/
29.09. Sylvie – -Vivie- from France with Paris http://lafamillecreative.blogspot.co.uk/
06.10. Marit – Sy-elsk-lev from Norway with Aalesund http://www.sy-elsk-lev.blogspot.co.uk/
13.10. Amy- During Quiet Time from USA with Boston http://www.duringquiettime.com/
20.10. Jane – Quiltjane from Australia with Sydney http://quiltjane.blogspot.de/
27.10. Lotje – Lotje M from The Netherlands with Delft http://slootjesschilder.blogspot.co.uk/
03.11. Annabella – liferichpattern from Morocco with Marrakech http://kechquilts.blogspot.co.uk/
10.11. Rachel – wooden spoon from New Zealand with Wellington http://www.flickr.com/photos/wooden_spoon/
17.11. Felicity – felicity.quilts from Canada with Vancouver http://www.felicityquilts.com/
24.11. Karen – blueberry4park from UK with London http://blueberry-park.blogspot.com/
08.12. The winner is..