This month, Scott Hansen from Blue Nickel Studios is presenting ‘Tossed Salad’, a fun and happy block just like the creator. I have had the pleasure to meet Mr Hansen at market one year and was immediately captivated by his kindness and fabulous sense of humour. Read here about Scott and his amazing quilts and learn the story behind the block.
Only one more month to go ( Carrie is next ). If you have not caught up, visit the AuriBuzz blog for the block patterns or the individual designers and their blogs.
- Jan – Brigitte Heitland http://www.farbstoff-bridge.blogspot.com/
- Feb – Amy Gibson http://www.stitcherydickorydock.com/
- Mar – Emily Herrick http://crazyoldladiesquilts.blogspot.com/
- Apr – Angela Yosten http://blog.angelayosten.com/
- May – Amy Smart http://www.diaryofaquilter.com/
- June – Heidi Pridemore http://heidipridemore.blogspot.com/
- Jul - Camille Roskelley http://camilleroskelley.typepad.com/
- Sept -Pat Wys http://www.silverthimblequilt.com/blog/
- Oct - Jane Davidson http://quiltjane.blogspot.com/
- Nov -Scott Hansen http://bluenickelstudios.com/
- Dec – Carrie Nelson http://lavieenrosie.typepad.com/
Upload your finished blocks to the official Aurifil Flickr page to win some great thread prizes. Every month a winner is chosen – http://www.flickr.com/groups/2013aurifildom/pool/
Monthly Machine Quilting Tip – Natalia Bonner http://www.pieceandquilt.com/
- Stay tuned as host Pat Sloan http://blog.patsloan.com will be creating a layout for this quilt.
This is my version of the block using Moda Sweetwater Mama Said Sew fabrics. I can hardly wait to get this sampler finished and quilted.
Scott included in his post a layout design using the block. This is what mine would look like.