I am a bit of a sentimentalist and cherish everything that is given to me. This year I turn 50 (half a century, 29 years old with 21 more years of experience, The Golden Age ), and was wondering if I could ask quilters around the world to make a block for me so I can make it into a birthday quilt. It would mean so much to me to have you as part of the story of the quilt. I love scanning social media and blogs to see all the wonderful things you make and how happy it makes you feel when you sew.
The block is a very simple 9 – patch signature block.
|Unfinished Size 6 1/2″ x 6 1/2″|
- White / Ivory /very light Cream solid for cross
- Solid for corner pieces
The best solids to use are those that do not run when washed. Please do not use hand dyed fabrics or fabrics that have not been washed and set. If unsure, place in warm water with a dye catcher.
- Black Pigma Pen / Black Pental Gel Fabric Pen ( use a pen suitable for fabric only that are acid free. Read instructions for setting pen ink. The Sharpies permanent pens are not recommended for fabric.)
From the solid fabric cut:
- 4 – 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ squares
From the white fabric cut:
- 2 – 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ squares
- 1 – 2 1/2″ x 6 1/2″ rectangle
Using the fabric pen, sign your name and addy (what you are known as on social media) and/or write a word or phrase that sums up how quilting makes you feel.
When you are finished, post to:
PO Box 77
Albany Creek QLD 4035
I am looking forward to all your blocks.
Possible settings could be floating on a white background or nested amongst a silvery grey background.
Thank you x