The Desperate Housewife’s Quilt

I must be mad. 50 Blocks in 50 weeks!

July 1st is the kick off date for ‘The Desperate Housewife’s Quilt’. I will be presenting 50 original blocks over 50 weeks. I will show you how to make these 8″ finished blocks in easy to follow tutorials, covering as many techniques as possible.

These blocks can be made into a sampler quilt or just used as a solo block to make a full quilt.

It is not a quilt-a-long. It’s a ‘only quilt as you wish’ -a-long.

I will be using fabrics from my stash – solids, reproductions, modern retros – anything goes.

I will even throw in the occasional giveaway or two (or three).

Why should I have all the fun? The first fifteen volunteers to leave a comment (with contact details) will be chosen to create a unique 8″ finished block and write a tutorial showcasing its amazing beauty and functionality.

So let the Desperate Housewives begin their adventure, toss off their slippers, slip on their red stilettos, grab a martini and get sewing.

Spread the Word

Comments

1. says

I was all ready to volunteer when I saw the word, until I saw what you had to volunteer for…. create a unique 8" block!!

I'm not sure I can do that…. but if you want to add me to the list, just put me a long way down so I've got a chance to think up something 😉 I've never designed a block before.

Feel free to bump me off if someone else is eager!

2. says

This is just what I need — a regular quilting activity for which to be responsible. I'm in. And, yeah, I think I could come up with a block of my own.

Sally H

3. says

Block design? Why not? I would be glad to give it a try! The only part that worries me is the "unique" bit. There are so many out there, how do you know if you are unique?

4. says

I just found you via another blog. I would love to follow along but I don't know that I am up to designing a block. Thanks anyway!

5. says

Oh, I changed my mind…delete my earlier comment….I do know what I can design. If I made it in the top 15 that is. I am excited!

6. says

…raising my hand…but, a bit shy…I will volunteer =)

but…can I leave on my slipperz and have a glass of juice instead of stilletos and a martini? =P

hugZ,
    annie
    rubyslipperz106.blogspot,com

7. says

I am excited to see if I will be up to the challenge. As long as I don't have to wear those red high heels, I will have a constant nose bleed and twisted ankles!

8. says

Hi Jane,
    I'd love to play along with this fun project. My monthly White Rabbits To Do list is getting very, very long and a bit scarey but I don't think I can miss out on this one.
    I'm more a gin and tonic than a martini girl but I do like a nice pair of heels.

9. says

I would love to join this Desperate Housewife's Quilt group! I feel that I have met the requirements…I am desparate to have some fun! Include me in your mailings/notices!!!
    Can't wait for the first block!!!!

10. says

Hmm just wondering if i'm too late to join… i'd try to catch up. I'm very new to quilting, but love the idea of 8" blocks.
    marta –

11. says

Sounds like fun! I see that there are some in the first 15 that aren't sure they want to design a block, but I'd be willing if you need someone to fill in. Can't wait for the kick off.