A bunch of flowers

I have started sewing the flowers together for my 2″ flower garden. They will be randomly sewn as each one is very individual. I was not sure whether to put a plain row around each one. What do you think?

This beautiful and funky hexie arrived from Denmark yesterday. Thank you Hanne W. Hanne also slipped in a sheet with pre-printed hexagons.Tak dig.

At last I have finished the teachers quilt for 2010. Very modern, very male, QAYG style, very naive sewing style using the Gee Bend fabrics I purchased from Z and S Fabrics earlier this year.

Comments

1. Doreen , Houston, MN says

Looks like your flowers would be 'set off' better with some type of "flower path" (solid?). They're gorgeous! Will be beautiful!!

2. says

Wonderful quilt! Congratulations on completing it.

I really like all of your hexie flowers. I think putting a plain row around each will make the flowers really pop.

3. says

I'm a hexagon lover….and I like them just the way you have them…however with fabric between ….then each one stands out more….so it will be what you like the best. I think those swap blocks are great fun.

Smiles,
    Kelly

4. says

Wow, lucky teacher, it's a fabulous present. I love your eclectic hexie collection and think they look great just as they are.

5. says

Your hexies are lovely and I like them the way they are now, but as already mentioned, they will pop more up, if you add a plain round. Or you could try just to add a plain hexagon here and there. Difficult to explain, but I tried to lay out my hexies leaving room for adding just one hexagon. This also makes the flowers pop up.
    Have fun and a Merry Christmas.

6. says

I love the look of the flowers just joined together, such a beautiful bunch! I have yet to make something from my Gee's Bend fabric, I like what you made.